Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Gift To My Mom & Dad

G       Gaug

What were you thinking
When you held me the first time
Did you wonder who I’d become
In your minds


What did it feel like
To stare into my little eyes
Is it crazy to think
How the years have flown by

I hope you realize
The amazing job you did
All your hard work
Paid beautiful dividends

You made two successes
Which makes you successes yourselves
It was no easy feat
But you did so well




(Chorus)

Amin    E     B7     C       (2nd time  C----C7)

I’m so lucky
For you both
Grateful for everything
I want you to know




All the sleep that you lost
When I tested your power
From late night cryin’ in my crib
To coming home at all hours

I’m sorry for all the times
Didn’t reach my potential
Your tireless support
Made my failures inconsequential

I’ve seen so many friends
Stop believing in their abilities
I rarely get down on myself
Cause I know you two are there for me

I know I’m oozing sweetness
Please don’t be tart
'Cause I wrote this song for you
A love letter from my heart



(Chorus)




You were there…


When I lost eight teeth
When I fell in the street
When I flunked out of math
When I decided to act
When I cried every day
When I lost my way
When Liam got mints
Through my dress up stints
When I faked being sick
When I was down in the pits
When I wouldn’t come home
Cause I felt so alone
Through Bar Mitzvahs and sports
With love and support
Other parents were not
When I acted like a snot
When I ran 26 miles
With great big smiles
When I was hurt
And I’m glad that you were

No comments:

Post a Comment