Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What I Do Best: Make People Laugh and Write Weepy Love Songs

Lost in the fray, oh we were lost in the fray
I can barely remember the image of your face
And if you can find it in your heart to simply stay away
Perhaps we can be close friends someday
Pick yourself up
Treat yourself right
Make yourself happy
Ask yourself why
The choices you’re making
Are making you cry
What business is it of mine
What business is it of mine

I’m just an old lover-turned-ghost
I’m just an old lover-turned-ghost from your life


Lost in the fray, I am lost in the fray
I can barely remember my name
It’s turning into one of those days
I can’t seem to walk away
Pick myself up
Go for a run
Hoping to burn off
All she has done
Sings like an angel
But shoots like a gun
Wish she would melt from my brain
Oh I wish she could melt from my brain


I’m just an old lover-turned-ghost

I’m just a raggedy old lover-turned-ghost from your life

1 comment:

  1. stop making me cry. Wait, actually...don't. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete